Saturday, August 31, 2013

blue video


Okay, so after years of people asking, I've finally made a little film of me drawing. I say 'I've' made a film but that's not strictly true. Here's a film that my friend, with the technology and know-how, made of me drawing.
 I'd found this old half finished drawing, hanging around the house, so thought I'd complete that for the film. It was filmed over half a day - so, you can imagine how long we'd have been filming if I'd completed the whole thing. Too long.
 Can't think of much else to say. I've just received the film in my inbox and am excited to post it. Please ask if there's anything you'd like to know.
 Oh and a big huge thanks to Tim for making this and for everything else he does.
 
Probs, best watched HERE.

11 comments:

"JeanneG" said...

Way too fast. I'd like to have seen at least part of it slowed down to normal. I'm surprised you get as much detail with you holding your pencil so far up the length. You still do a mean piece of artwork.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Jeanne, I assumed people would be bored to tears with the 'normal' speed of my drawing. But it's something to think about for next time - for at least a small part. Don't hold your breathe though. This was five years in the making!

Also, it was pretty uncomfortable drawing this. I wouldn't normally hold my pen like that and I wouldn't normally be sat at a table to draw, but we couldn't film me curled up in an armchair.

Cheers!

Caroline B said...

Interesting - I too was wondering about how you hold the pen, as I tend to hold my implements in a death grip. I'd like to see a real time film of how you work too.

Christine said...

Oh I loved this Andrea! What a treat to watch! Totally mesmerising... loved the sound track too! Thanks for posting it.

BJR said...

Wow!! Loved it! Very fascinating!

Edgar Cabrera said...

you are amazing! So nice to see your process!

Kaitlyn S. C Hatch said...

So amazing! I love it!

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks so much guys! You are too kind. Had such fun making this. Hopefully there'll be more to come (there will actually as we made a couple more!).

Cheers.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Thanks so much guys! You are too kind. Had such fun making this. Hopefully there'll be more to come (there will actually as we made a couple more!).

Cheers.

Anonymous said...

This film would be much more interesting and useful if the camera had zoomed in and slowed down. Slow is its own art--so is clarity. And this video, being so manic, destroys any bond it might create with its audience.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

Ah well, 'anonymous', you can't please all of the people all of the time.